I am not usually a New Year resolution person but I feel for 2021 it is needed. Putting together some great tips to jump start 2021 is key.
2020 for most people was a terrible year and I can completely understand why with Covid-19. My husband and I lost our jobs at one point and we were living off of unemployment. However we came through it and we are stronger than ever before.
I want 2021 to be a great year of growth and being grateful. Here are some tips to start 2021 right:
I’ve never done one but working on mine now. It’s a great way to set goals and visually see them all year so you continue to grow and stay focused. Vision Boards also make you have the sense of urgency to get things done as well, they keep you motivated for sure.
Some of the key things I am placing on my vision board:
- Continue Home Reno – We want to focus on the master bathroom, butler pantry and possibly some other room updates. Very Excited!
- Learn and grow with my new company! Started a new job in December 2020.
- Learn SEO for my blog in order to optimize it on google. This is a process for me, not easy but I am learning.
- Finish my John Maxwell Speaker/Leadership Certification
- Continue to evolve on my blog and social media. It has been very fun to learn and connect with so many people. Excited to keep it up.
- Write a Children’s book. I will elaborate more on this later! Stay tuned!
- Have a BABY. We are ready to have a little bundle of joy, we will start trying in 2021. Blessed to be healthy and to be able to try with my husband.
Get Rest aka Go to bed earlier
If you go to bed at a decent hour, the next day will be more productive. Basically go before 11p! If you get your body to go to bed earlier you will start your day earlier and get more done in my opinion. During furlough my sleep pattern was thrown off and I was up late all the time. This resulted in me becoming sluggish in the mornings and it took twice the time for me to get going. For 2021 I cannot allow that and will be making this change.
Wake up with 3 blessings
Wake up daily being grateful for 3 things in your life. Say it out loud, it goes a long way…trust me. I usually wake up, say a prayer and proclaim out loud 3 things I am grateful for that day. Starting your day with something positive is the way to go.
Give your body 15 minutes
Workout! Be active! Do something to get your physical body going from jogging to walking to spinning to yoga to crunches. You name it. Do it! We recently bought a Peloton and we love it. I am making myself get up in the morning and get my workout in whether it is 45 minutes to hardcore 15 minute workout.
Set time aside for “You” and friends/family
In my previous job I never made time for friends especially. I realized that I need to schedule this time just like a I do a doctor’s appointment! Make time for friends…it will help to maybe clear your mind or just catch up with people you love to be around.
Last, family is everything. With my new job being remote I make time to spend with my parents and my grandparents. You just never what time you have left, make the most of it always.
If you are involved with someone make sure to schedule date night. Even if you see each other daily set a permanent time to hang out. It will make you look forward to something. Also, I prefer having a date night where I can actually talk to them. I never want to do a movie or a loud sports event.
Hopefully some of these tips will help you start 2021 right! What are you going to do differently in the new year? Share in comments?
Happy New Year Everyone!