Affiliate links are used in this article
It’s so hard to just stare at unused glassware and coffee mugs in your kitchen pantry. When we moved in last year into our first home I made a promise to myself that I will have function for everything in this house (I know massive commitment).
I had a blank wall next to one of my pantries in my kitchen and I needed to fill it with something appealing to the eye. In order to make it still functional I decided to display old glassware and underutilized coffee mugs in a eclectic style.
Here is what I used to make this happen:
- Archway decal – I discovered a really simple and stylish decal sticker in the shape of an arch. It came in a light beige color so it was perfect for my white wall. It was 36″ inches wide and it gave you the illusion that there was a actual archway within the space.
- Purchased a set of wooden floating shelves – I made sure the shelves were 36″ inches wide so they were the same length as the decal to bring the illusion of the arch to life.
- Use unused glassware – I have lots of old glassware that I do not use anymore so this is a great way to utilize them! I made sure to have different heights in glass to show dimension and excitement. Also I purchased some inexpensive glass bottle to add a bit more.
- Coffee mugs & bowls – On the second shelf I styled the many bowls & mugs I had in my kitchen. There is no big secret on how I positioned them, just have fun and make sure to have them set up in all different directions. That is the key to a somewhat unkept display.
- Accent table – To finish my set up and to fill in the bottom portion of the arch I bought a really cool accent table from Target to finish the set up. I continued to display a mug, candles and a faux plant to create more texture.
I am beyond happy with the result and it just finishes the kitchen area for us. We are loving it! Do you have any key tips on how to fill up a blank wall? Share in the comments.
Shop some of the items from my set up below! Follow me on Liketoknow.it for more of my fav looks & items.