It’s so hard to just stare at unused glassware and coffee mugs in your kitchen pantry. When we moved in last year into our first home I made a promise to myself that I will have function for everything in this house (I know massive commitment).
I had a blank wall next to one of my pantries in my kitchen and I needed to fill it with something appealing to the eye. In order to make it still functional I decided to display old glassware and underutilized coffee mugs in a eclectic style.
Here is what I used to make this happen:
- Archway decal – I discovered a really simple and stylish decal sticker in the shape of an arch. It came in a light beige color so it was perfect for my white wall. It was 36″ inches wide and it gave you the illusion that there was a actual archway within the space.
- Purchased a set of wooden floating shelves – I made sure the shelves were 36″ inches wide so they were the same length as the decal to bring the illusion of the arch to life.
- Use unused glassware – I have lots of old glassware that I do not use anymore so this is a great way to utilize them! I made sure to have different heights in glass to show dimension and excitement. Also I purchased some inexpensive glass bottle to add a bit more.
- Coffee mugs & bowls – On the second shelf I styled the many bowls & mugs I had in my kitchen. There is no big secret on how I positioned them, just have fun and make sure to have them set up in all different directions. That is the key to a somewhat unkept display.
- Accent table – To finish my set up and to fill in the bottom portion of the arch I bought a really cool accent table from Target to finish the set up. I continued to display a mug, candles and a faux plant to create more texture.
I am beyond happy with the result and it just finishes the kitchen area for us. We are loving it! Do you have any key tips on how to fill up a blank wall? Share in the comments.
Shop some of the items from my set up below! Follow me on Liketoknow.it for more of my fav looks & items.