This blog entry contains commission affiliate links
As many of you know, I used to be a Beauty Director for Macy’s for the past 2.5 years. Needless to say, I know I little bit about beauty products and what customers like and didn’t like. Since it is 2021 and a new year, this is the best time to try new products to rejuvenate your skin ladies & gentleman! Check out my top picks based on a skincare routine that I follow daily!
First, I want to make sure everyone understands the proper steps to washing and moisturizing the face. It should be Cleansing, Toning, Serum application & moisturizing. Here are my top picks based on each steps:
To begin with, Always Always wash your face…to start your day and finish your day! Cleansing the face is critical to having healthy skin men or women. Note to the guys: You need to wash your face as well as your facial hair! It is a must! Shop below and find out my top 3!
My Top 3!
- Youth to the People Superfood Antioxident Cleanser (Sephora) – By far one of my favorite cleansers. It smells fresh and my skin complexion improved within the first 2 weeks of using it. It has all natural ingredients including kale. It is amazing for women of color with blemishes.
- Chanel La Mousse – has an amazing rich cream texture and it moisturizes as it cleans your skin. I am using this one right now and I just love it!
- Clinique Fresh Pressed Vitamin C Renewing Powder Cleanser – This is by far the best cleanser in the morning. It is a actual powder that turns into a pace. It has Vitamin C in it and every morning it will rejuvenate your skin…it helped me brighten my complexion so much.
Second, This is one of the most skipped steps in a skincare regimen and it is actually one of the most important steps you can do. Toners help remove any remaining dirt, makeup and impurities from the skin after you cleanse. Shop below & see my top 3!
My Top 3!
- OLEHENRIKSEN dark spot toner – This is my #1 toner! It removes dirt from your face as well as work on remove dark spot blemishes. This is the best toner in my opinion.
- Fenty Skin Fat Water Pore Refining Toner Serum – Rihanna did well with this one. It removes makeup and it also improves your skin.
- Lancome Tonique Confort Comforting Rehydrating Face Toner – This is a toner that moisturizes your skin like no other. Lancome has some of the best skincare products ever.
Next, is serums! Serums is the most important step in my opinion. You pick a product based on the needs of your skin. For example, I have discoloration issues so therefore therefore I need a serum who focuses on that need. I remember many of my customers when I worked at Macy’s loved anti-wrinkle creams in order for them to look younger at all times. You need to purchase a serum based on your skincare needs. Shop Below and take a look at my top 3!
My Top 3!
- Shiseido Ultimate Power Infusing Concentrate – THIS THE SERUM I AM USING RIGHT NOW! IT HAS CHANGED MY COMPLEXION FOR THE BETTER. I suffer from massive dark spots on my neck and they continue to fade away because of this.
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair – Still a classic till this day. This serum fights sign of aging and whenever I heard that someone uses it, it is obvious by the appearance of their skin.
- Origins GinZing into the Glow Brightening Serum – If you are looking for a cheaper serum to use then go with Origins. It helps to brighten your complexion.
Last, Moisturizers in my opinion seal the deal to your skincare regimen day and night. There are so many great ones and it is important to always keep your skin hydrated. Shop Below & see my top 3!
- Skinfix Barrier + Triple Lipid-Peptide Face Cream – One of the best hydrating moisturizers there is. I literally wore no makeup for a day just to see how my skin would feel. From 8a to about 6p I didn’t feel dryness at all whatsoever!
- Youth to the People SuperFood Air Whip Moisture Cream – Such a clean option to moisturize your skin. This cream includes kale, green tea and much more like Vitamin C. This one focuses o fine lines and wrinkles.
- Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator – It has already become such a classic for Clinique and it’s not even 5 years old. Moisture surge literally keeps you hydrated for 2 days, it just makes your skin extremely plump!
On a budget Finds Skincare!
Also, check out some of my favorite skincare products from Amazon at a more reasonable price!