I still cannot believe that we are somewhat close to Mother’s Day already! I plan to get my gifts finished by end of April! Do you have any ideas yet?
Well have no fear…I’m here to give you some inspiration. Here are the top 3 types of gifts to give a mom:
Pamper Mom on a Budget – Gift baskets full of spa products is always welcomed for a mom! My mom loves candles, masks and anything that pampers the skin at all times. Create a cool gift basket with some of these amazing Target deals below!
2. Make mom smell good – You can never go wrong with a new fragrance. Fragrance just takes a person to a fantasy based on scent. Find out what her favorite scent is and then research similar ones! That’s what I do in order to get my mom a new fragrance that she would like. Check out below some of my new favorites:
3. Appliances/Gadgets – My mom loves appliances and new things for the kitchen. If you know a mom who loves to cook, look for a awesome appliance to compliment her in the kitchen. Shop my favorites below:
Fragrances is still one of the best selling categories in beauty despite the pandemic in 2020 & 2021. People always have a hard time understanding all the differences between scents within fragrances. In fragrances we have families (fresh, spicy, woodsy, floral, sweet, and citrus) that literally make up the perfume world. Do you know the best fragrances within each family?
Well I am here to save the day and share my knowledge from my previous life when I was a Beauty Director.
Let’s start with the fresh scents! The fresh family consists of key notes that are cool & crisp. An example of a fresh note is seaweed, orange, or lemon. Fresh fragrances should uplift your mood and make you feel like you just walked out of a seaweed massage or something. Can you picture it?
Shop below my favorite Fresh scent Women’s Fragrances and Men’s Fragrances! Smell good & enjoy! Click the picture for more information!
This blog entry contains commission affiliate links
As many of you know, I used to be a Beauty Director for Macy’s for the past 2.5 years. Needless to say, I know I little bit about beauty products and what customers like and didn’t like. Since it is 2021 and a new year, this is the best time to try new products to rejuvenate your skin ladies & gentleman! Check out my top picks based on a skincare routine that I follow daily!
First, I want to make sure everyone understands the proper steps to washing and moisturizing the face. It should be Cleansing, Toning, Serum application & moisturizing. Here are my top picks based on each steps:
To begin with, Always Always wash your face…to start your day and finish your day! Cleansing the face is critical to having healthy skin men or women. Note to the guys: You need to wash your face as well as your facial hair! It is a must! Shop below and find out my top 3!
My Top 3!
Youth to the People Superfood Antioxident Cleanser (Sephora) – By far one of my favorite cleansers. It smells fresh and my skin complexion improved within the first 2 weeks of using it. It has all natural ingredients including kale. It is amazing for women of color with blemishes.
Chanel La Mousse – has an amazing rich cream texture and it moisturizes as it cleans your skin. I am using this one right now and I just love it!
Clinique Fresh Pressed Vitamin C Renewing Powder Cleanser – This is by far the best cleanser in the morning. It is a actual powder that turns into a pace. It has Vitamin C in it and every morning it will rejuvenate your skin…it helped me brighten my complexion so much.
Second, This is one of the most skipped steps in a skincare regimen and it is actually one of the most important steps you can do. Toners help remove any remaining dirt, makeup and impurities from the skin after you cleanse. Shop below & see my top 3!
My Top 3!
OLEHENRIKSEN dark spot toner – This is my #1 toner! It removes dirt from your face as well as work on remove dark spot blemishes. This is the best toner in my opinion.
Fenty Skin Fat Water Pore Refining Toner Serum – Rihanna did well with this one. It removes makeup and it also improves your skin.
Lancome Tonique Confort Comforting Rehydrating Face Toner – This is a toner that moisturizes your skin like no other. Lancome has some of the best skincare products ever.
Next, is serums! Serums is the most important step in my opinion. You pick a product based on the needs of your skin. For example, I have discoloration issues so therefore therefore I need a serum who focuses on that need. I remember many of my customers when I worked at Macy’s loved anti-wrinkle creams in order for them to look younger at all times. You need to purchase a serum based on your skincare needs. Shop Below and take a look at my top 3!
My Top 3!
Shiseido Ultimate Power Infusing Concentrate – THIS THE SERUM I AM USING RIGHT NOW! IT HAS CHANGED MY COMPLEXION FOR THE BETTER. I suffer from massive dark spots on my neck and they continue to fade away because of this.
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair – Still a classic till this day. This serum fights sign of aging and whenever I heard that someone uses it, it is obvious by the appearance of their skin.
Origins GinZing into the Glow Brightening Serum – If you are looking for a cheaper serum to use then go with Origins. It helps to brighten your complexion.
Last, Moisturizers in my opinion seal the deal to your skincare regimen day and night. There are so many great ones and it is important to always keep your skin hydrated. Shop Below & see my top 3!
Skinfix Barrier + Triple Lipid-Peptide Face Cream – One of the best hydrating moisturizers there is. I literally wore no makeup for a day just to see how my skin would feel. From 8a to about 6p I didn’t feel dryness at all whatsoever!
Youth to the People SuperFood Air Whip Moisture Cream – Such a clean option to moisturize your skin. This cream includes kale, green tea and much more like Vitamin C. This one focuses o fine lines and wrinkles.
Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator – It has already become such a classic for Clinique and it’s not even 5 years old. Moisture surge literally keeps you hydrated for 2 days, it just makes your skin extremely plump!
On a budget Finds Skincare!
Also, check out some of my favorite skincare products from Amazon at a more reasonable price!
Ok it’s now the men’s turn! Being a Beauty Director for years I find that men prefer to visit the stores less and are willing to buy the jumbo size fragrance that will last them forever. Always keep that in mind, the bigger the size the better the value usually. Let’s check out the top 5 fragrances for men that customers would always go crazy for!
Macy’s or Ulta is the way to go for last minute fragrance gifts because there is curbside side at both and at Macy’s you will be able to get it wrapped plus an abundance of gifts! Click the pictures below!
Top 5 Men’s Fragrances
Chanel Bleu – The #1 men’s fragrances in Macys and a top seller in Ulta! Chanel Bleu stands the test of time. Holidays are the best time to buy because you will get amazing packaging and possibly additional samples. This is the time to buy! Shower your loved one with the #1 scent!
Dior Sauvage – Right now Sauvage has soared to the top with customers. The scent is so sensual and the packaging for holiday sets are the best ever! Also the Dior after shave and deodorant that goes with the fragrance is amazing as well.
Paco Rabbone $1 Million – What of the most rising stars in men’s fragrance is Paco $1Million! The scent is amazing as well as the gold color brick that the fragrance comes in. I am in love with it, also when you purchase from Macy’s you will be a gift with your purchase. So worth it! Shop for a last minute gift for that special guy in your life!
Bad Boy – The packaging is by far the best and the scent is amazing. The lighting bolt will blow anyone away who wants a daring fragrance perfume to try. Bad Boy was launched in the US in 2020 and did well despite COVID. Bring home this amazing scent, it also comes with great gift with purchase as well during holiday timeframe! Bad Boy is the compliment to Good Girl by Carolina Herrara.
Gucci Guilty – Always in the top 3 and one of the most requested fragrances when I used to be a Beauty Director. Gucci the brand is on the rise again and the fragrance for men has not failed. It has an amazing scent that is noticeable on any guy! A great last minute gift!
Y by YSL – This specific YSL scent is on the rise! I love it on my husband and any guy! Enjoy this fragrance with an amazing gift if you go into Macy’s! So worth the purchase!
Happy Holidays! Shop more of my looks on Liketoknow.it app! It’s a free app to shop till you drop! Follow me there!
MACY’s is the fragrance destination and whenever you buy something you always get a gift with your purchase!
Buy online and pick up in store is available! Ulta Beauty is another option as well with curbside pick up!
*This article does include affiliates links & personal experiences/opinions below
Working in beauty for years I know the good stuff…Here are the top 5 fragrances for women’s:
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle – The #1 fragrance for years and it is still a classic. The scent is on the strong side so be prepared for that and if you want to have an ever lasting smell in the room, then buy this. Also during holidays it is the only time you can receive a set in Chanel.
2. Chanel Chance – This is a top 5 fragrance all the time, and it soars during Valentine’s Day time frame. However it is a lighter scent than Chanel Coco Mad, but just as nice. I prefer Chanel Chance & Chanel #5 anyways, that is just my preference.
3. Lancome La Vie Est LaBelle – This one at times surprises people but this Lancome fragrance is always a top 3 seller. It’s an amazing scent that has notes of pear, blackberry, orange blossom and more. It comes with value size shower gel or lotion options during the holidays. A great gift for mom or any woman anytime.
4. Carolina Herrera Good Girl Eau de Parfum – Unless you are living under a rock…Good Girl fragrance by Carolina Herrara is one of the hottest fragrances right now! The shoe that the perfume comes in is an instant classic, and it took years to perfect the bottle before they premiered the scent. The note that stands out the most is jasmine, I love it! There are also great options of gift sets with gels and lotions. There is even a hairspray now available. If you want a fragrance with amazing appearance go with Good Girl as a gift.
5. Dior Jadore Eau de Parfum – You can never go wrong with Jadore. It is a classic and it made a great rebound this year with its newness addition, Infinissime. I AM IN LOVE AND IT LASTS! TRY THIS ONE, SERIOUSLY. But if not, the original Jadore is really nice regardless. I would also check out Miss Dior…love that one as well from Dior.
Fragrances is still booming in 2020 and it will not slow down. Check out Macy’s or Ulta Beauty for everything fragrances and enjoy curbside pick up for your last minute gifts both retailers! It is the way to go!
If you want more exclusive content download & follow me on Liketoknow.it app! Click below!
I cannot believe it is November! This is my favorite time of the year! I love family time and the gift giving to the ones you love. I will be sharing so many gift ideas this season! So let’s start off with some quick gifts for under the tree from Macy’s!
Estee Lauder Blockbuster – Enjoy 12 full size items for $75 dollars! It even has the famous Advance Night Repair!
2. Jo Malone London Diffuser $98-$110 – One of the best gifts ever! These diffusers last and have some of the best scents that can fill a room! Jo Malone is a luxury gift that anyone would love! And yes Macys sells Jo Malone!
3. Dior Beauty Holiday Collection – This collection is drawn from fireworks that makes this an explosive holiday set. Dior has some of the best lipsticks as well as eye palettes! Click below to explore my link!
6. Versace Men’s Fragrance Sets – Versace Eros is a favorite among the guys so gift them with this scent! Its a 4 piece set that cost usually $93 but valued for $179! This is the time to rack up on fragrances as gifts.
7. Men’s Black Diamond Bracelets – I love that Men’s bracelets are very popular and I really enjoy them as gifts. Check out all the great bracelets at Macy’s to select your favorite to give to a love one.
9. Clinique 6 piece Great Skin Everywhere Gift Set – Clinique always has amazing packaging and great price for their skin regimens. This is one of my favorite gifts to give as well, especially someone who does not have a routine and is longing for one.